by staff at American Pet Professionals UPDATED: 3/31/2020 A big thank you to everyone who is contributing to this massive list of information, resources, and guidance for our pet industry. Shout out to PIJAC for tirelessly working on making sure our pet care businesses are included in the list of essential businesses. We are doing our best to provide the most up to date information, state-to-state for what is considered essential businesses in the industry and additional business information that could help your business. If you don't see something for your state, please email us at info@AmericanPetProfessionals.com a factual and actual link, and we will add it to this list. Please understand that as things change day-by-day, hour-by-hour some information may need to be updated here, but usually when you click on a link within this list the updated info (especially state by state) will be on there, sometimes you have to click around a bit. 🙂 New York State Essential Businesses for the Pet Industry (I love ya NY!)
State By State Executive Orders: This is a massive list of information state-by-state, we would suggest you look at it for your individual state: https://web.csg.org/covid19/executive-orders/
UPDATE: 3/27/2020 - This massive list by PIJAC shows state by state what pet businesses are deemed essential: https://pijac.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/States-JurisdictionEssentialBusinessDesignations.pdf
UPDATE: 3/28/2020 - Here is a link to contact your State Governor to let them know about your pet care business and keep them aware of what pet parents need as essential items and services to care for their pets during this time. Thanks to IBPSA for this link! https://www.usa.gov/state-governor
UPDATE: 3/31/2020 - Here is a link to find out more information for applying for unemployment: https://www.careeronestop.org
1. https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources 2. Facebook.com/business/grants 3. https://joinhomebase.com/blog/covid-19-financial-resources-businesses-workers/Important information for Veterinarians:
Guidelines for use of personal protective equipment (PPE) during the COVID-19: https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19/guidelines-ppe-covid-19-pandemic-demand-exceedsAnimal Care, Control and Animal Shelter resources:
- Webinar for Animal Care and Control Professionals
- 211 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 211 can be accessed by phone or computer.
- Red Cross https://www.redcross.org page for information. Right now, they are looking for blood donors.
- United Way 1-866-211-9966