by Nancy E. Hassel, American Pet Professionals
Happy 2017 pet pros! Have you started planning your year yet and what conferences you will be attending, displaying at or thinking of going to? Here is our compiled list for 2017 to help you – there are many different events across the country for different areas of the industry. Wishing you a super successful 2017 and we hope to see you at many of these events throughout the year!
2nd Annual Pet Industry Leadership Conference – A new conference to hit the industry hosted by the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council (PIJAC) and the American Pet Products Association (APPA) will join PIDA for the 1st Annual Pet Industry Leadership Conference, January 30- February 2, 2017, at the Montage Resort / Laguna Beach, California. The new conference will combine the best elements of the PIDA meeting and the Top2Top conference with the scope and size of APPA. For more info click here
Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo – January 13 – 15, 2017, this is a consumer event that sees over 10,000 people through their doors over a 2.5 day period. A great way to get your pet business in front of pet owners. There may be a few vendor spots left for this show, go
to www.FamilyPetShows.com for contact information. Consumer event, open to public.
– January 27 – 29, 2017 held in Portland, Oregon. Registration is full, see the next conference in March in Stamford CT. For more info click here.
Lehigh Valley Pet Expo
– January 27-29, 2017. This is a consumer event that sees nearly 10,000 people through their doors over a 2.5 day period. Great way to get your pet business in front of pet owners. You can find out more at www.FamilyPetShows.com
. Consumer event, open to public.
NAVC Conference – From February 4-8, 2017 the North American Veterinary Community will hold their annual conference in Orlando, Florida. For more information click here.
Association of Aquatic Professionals Conference
– The 5th conference and exposition for Aquatic Professionals will take place February 6 – 9, 2017 in St. Pete Beach, Florida. For more information click here
Helen Woodward Animal Welfare Conference
– The future of animal welfare this conference is dubbed the ‘business of saving lives.’ 2017 Dates have not yet been announced. If you are in animal welfare or rescue this is the conference for you, see more here
– now if you are not familiar with the Westminster Kennel Club dog show and you’re in the pet industry (regardless if you own a business or run a rescue group) – Westminster has become a meca of pet industry events for NYC. Events aside from the prestigious 2-day dog show February 13 & 14, 2017, Piers 92/94 & Madison Square Garden in the evenings, that are not only fun to attend – but great for networking and meeting many like minded individuals from around the world are:
Groom Expo West – February 16 – 19, 2017 held in Pasadena, California. For more info click here.
- NYC Pet Fashion Show – Thursday, February 9, 2017, 6pm – 11pm – Hotel Pennsylvania, NYC.
- 2nd Masters Obedience Championship – Monday, February 13, 2017, 8am – 4pm, Pier 94
- 2nd Annual Masters Agility Championship At Westminster– Saturday, February 11, 2017, Pier 94.
- AKC Meet the Breeds– Saturday, February 11, 2017, Pier 92
- There are more events happening around Westminster and this may be updated. Consumer events, open to public.
Media Training Seminar Full Day
– Held in Chicago, Illinois on Thursday, March 2, 2017 from 9am – 5pm. American Pet Professionals, ReelPaws Productions and Whitegate PR team up to host a full day Media Training Seminar event for pet professionals in the Chicago area. Held at ReelPaws Productions on Thursday, March 2, 2017 from 9am – 5pm and will feature known Media Experts, Dana Humphrey of Whitegate PR, Nancy Hassel of American Pet Professionals and Director of Photography, Alex Mechlin of ReelPaws Productions. For all info and to register click here, limited availability.
Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference
– Grooming conference being held from March 9 – 12, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. For more info click here
Global Pet Expo
– Global is one of, if not the biggest industry trade-show in the country. Last year’s Global boasted 6 miles of trade show floor, incredible pet companies, celebrities, press from around, well the globe and so much more. Hosted by the APPA and PIDA – this is a must do event if you are a manufacturer or retail store looking to see the latest in new and innovative pet products. Global is held in Orlando, Florida from March 22 – 24, 2017. Find out more go to www.globalpetexpo.org
Long Island Pet Expo
– This is a consumer event that sees over 12,000 people through their doors over a 2.5 day period, March 10-12, 2017. Great way to get your pet business in front of pet owners. You can find out more at www.FamilyPetShows.com
. (We will be at this event! Look for the APP booth!) Consumer event, open to public.
– This annual veterinary conference offers the opportunity to learn practices from industry experts, discover the latest and greatest in products & services, and network with fellow veterinarians and technicians from around the country. Being held March 30 – April 2, 2017 in Nashville, TN. For more info click here
– Held March 31 – April 2, 2017 in Stamford, CT. Learn more by clicking here.
PetFood Forum – The PetFood Forum and Innovation Workshop is taking place April 3 -5, 2017 in Kansas City, Missouri. For more information click here
NYC Re-Tails and Sales Expo – Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 1pm – 6pm: NYC’s Premier pet product boutique trade show! This is the boutique event for retailers, media pet influencers, groomers, veterinarians and investors to attend. This is the boutique event for retailers & media . This is an intimate pet expo, limited to 20 vendors, right smack in a hip new location in New York City! For more information go to: www.RetailsandSalesPetExpo.com
NAPPS 2016 Education & Networking Forum – National Association of Professional Pet Sitters conference will take place this year May 5 – 7, 2017 in Chicago, IL. For more info click here
Pet Boarding & Daycare Expo West – Taking place May 1 – 4, 2017 in Burbank, California. For more info click here
– This will be BlogPaws 9th annual pet blogging and social media conference. Taking place in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from May 18 – 20, 2017.
Groom Classic Trade Show
– Trade show for groomers and grooming retailers being held 2017 dates TBA in Kansas City, Missouri. For more info click here
World Dog Expo – This is a brand new event for both pet parents and pet professionals. Held at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in New Jersey, minutes from NYC, this event is taking place June 9 – 11, 2017. For more info click here.
Best Friends Conference
– The annual conference hosted by Best Friends Animal Society will be taking place this year in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Held from July 13 – 15, 2017. For more info click here
– Held this year in Indianapolis, Indiana, the American Veterinary Medical Association annual conference will take place from July 21 – 25, 2017. For more information click here
– This annual pet industry trade show takes place in Las Vegas every year. This year it will be held July 25 – 27, 2017. Another conference for retailers and you need to check out SuperZoo University while there too! For more information, click here.
Pet Sitters International
– Pet Sitter World conference takes place September 18 – 21, 2017 in New Orleans, LA. For more info click here
Groom Expo at Hershey
– Taking place September 14 – 17, 2017. From their website “Groom Expo is the world’s largest grooming show, welcoming thousands of pet professionals to the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania, every September. Groom Expo hosts dozens of educational seminars, exciting grooming competitions, and a weekend packed with extra events to meet and mingle with fellow pet professionals.” While APP has yet to be at Groom Expo, I have heard great things about the event. Click here for more info.
Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference
– Taking place in Atlantic City, NJ October 9 -12, 2017. Continued education courses for veterinarians and according to their website ‘advances in the veterinary field, with the goal of obtaining Continuing Education Credits for license renewal, as well as creating business collaboration with the veterinary vendor community.’ Learn more here
– Association of Pet Dog Trainers annual conference is taking place from October 18 -21, 2017 in Richmond, Virginia. For more info click here
– The International Boarding & Pet Services Association annual conference is being held October 3 – 5, 2017 in Jacksonville, Flordia. More information can be found by clicking here.
Wild West Veterinary Conference
– Being held October 11 – 15, 2017 in Reno-Tahoe, Nevada, this is their 22nd annual conference. For more info click here
American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
– Conference is being held October 21 – 24, 2017 in San Diego, California. For more info click here.
PetSittingOlogy Conference – 2017 Dates TBA – in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is a friendly gathering of pet professionals who want to invigorate their businesses. For more info click here
– If you are a pet food or treat manufacturer this conference is just for you. This is taking place for the 4th year – dates TBA, and located in Chicago. You can find out more by clicking here
– This social media and pet blogging conference is a great event and is always in Atlanta, GA – 2017 dates to be announced
. Click here for more info.
– According to their website, “From saltwater to freshwater with pond and aquatic animals, we have it all. Consumers and retailers are invited to join us for educational seminars and a thriving show floor filled with hobbyists from entry level to the most sophisticated aquarium keepers.” Being held November 3 – 5, 2017 in Chicago, IL learn more by clicking here
Pet Boarding & Daycare Expo
– Hosted in Hershey, PA from November 7 – 9, 2017– the Pet Boarding & Daycare expo specializes to pet professionals who are in pet boarding, daycare and pet sitting. You can learn more by clicking here.
Know of an event that is not in this list, please email us to tell us about it, it should be for pet industry professionals. Email us at: Info@AmericanPetProfessionals.com.